Tuesday, August 2, 2011

August 1

     After waking up quite late (after 10), I ate breakfast and then helped out with painting the fence planks that my host family and the neighbors were working on installing in the backyard. I've never painted before and it was somewhat fun. However, later I went to town only for a short while (I bought a postcard and then walked around a market primarily composed of clothing, honey, baked goods, cheese, and candy stands) before returning back home before 3:30pm, as we planned to leave then to pick raspberries from a raspberry farm with the neighbors. The raspberry farm system worked this way; if you pick raspberries, then you must pick at least around 2 litres of raspberries and then pay by weight, but you can eat as much raspberries while picking as you want. So our plan when we got there was simple: eat more raspberries than you pick and eat until you can eat no more. I was never ever in a situation were there were more raspberries than I could handle, but before long, my stomach was feeling quite queasy. Nevertheless, they were good raspberries. Once we got home, we put the remaining raspberries in the freezer, and after allowing the raspberries to settle inside our intestines, Anita and I went to viewing tower in Pispala, where you could clearly see the two big lakes which Tampere is in between. After that, we went to town to pick up some chinese food; I chose chicken and broccoli to see wether Finnish chinese food beared any resemblance to American chinese food. And if you would like to know, it tasted similar to American.

No comments:

Post a Comment