Wednesday, August 3, 2011

August 2

     Today I had lunch scheduled with my YFU support person; we were to meet in front of a bank downtown at noon. We went to eat at a Thai restaurant, which made me somewhat excited, as I had never had Thai food, although after eating it, I concluded that it tastes like Chinese. Anyways, we spent about an hour or so in the restaurant, eating and discussing my stay in Finland, our travels, and anything that would come to mind. It was nice talking to my YFU person, but after 1, she had to go back to work. We exchanged farewells and I thanked her for buying me lunch and then I continued to walk around the city. In the center square, there was a French market, selling items such as backed goods, crepes, churros, candy and fudge, pickled foods, soap, deli, and bags, shoes, and jewelry. The lines for all the food stands were outrageously long, so I take that the baguettes that everyone were buying must be delicious.
     Eventually, I returned home after 4 to signal that I was still alive (I temporarily lost my phone when I went with Sandra to that family gathering a couple days ago, and thought it was lost forever, so we disconnected it. It was found the next day, but since it costs 10€ to reopen the account, we decided to just keep it closed since I would be leaving on Sunday anyways.) and then I went back to town for an hour or two. When I came back, Anita's mother and her sister with her set of 5 year old twins and 2 year old were home, as Anita was driving them to the airport the next morning. I also skyped my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment