Sunday, July 24, 2011

July 22-23

Sandra, Lina, and I went to town to see this museum that was like a little complex were people lived during the 1800´s up to the 1900´s. It was quite interesting, although Sandra said it was kinda boring (but it really wasn't, some people just don't appreciate history). Soon after at 2pm, we met up with one of Lina´s friends and went to eat at a vegetarian cafe. Since Lina is an unofficial vegaterian and my host family doesn´t really eat meat at home, my host sisters joked around that they are trying to make me vegetarian. Aharhar never. Even so, the food was good. Eventually Lina and her friend had to part since they planned to donate blood and the place closed at 4pm. Then me and Sandra left to meet her friends at the lake. It was nice and I think I tanned. I think it was because I didn't but on sunscreen. Anyways, we left around 6pm since Esko was coming home to Tampere with one of the cousins from Ruovesi and then together, we went overnight to their other cousins on the other side of Tampere. Much English was not used while we were there, so I spent most of the time pondering my day and thoughts. Oh and not to forget, we also went midnight swimming at a lake. The water wasn't too cold.

     The next morning we ate breakfast at 12:30pm. (I was reading a book for 1.5hrs before that because no one was awake). Anyways, we left their cousins at 2pm. Then around 6 we left for a going-away party for a girl that was leaving to California as an exchange student for the school year and met up with one of Sandra´s friends, Saana (forgive my spelling Sandra if you read this). The party lacked a tad of excitement but we had to leave at 7:30ish anyways to meet up with another friend of Sandra's who was away at NYC for 2 weeks. We met downtown and then went to see this regea festival/dance/event thing in a nearby park. It was very interesting to see people dance to regea music, as I have never seen such dancing. If you've never seen regea dancing either, then I will tell you that its more like slow motion dancing where you are almost spiritually connected to the music. Anyhow, at 9:30pm we went to see the Harry Potter movie (Lina joined us) in 3-D. The movie was good, but I was just slightly confused at some parts since I never really followed the cronicles of Harry Potter. After the movie, we all parted ways and went to bed.

2 comments:

  1. You think that somebody is talking to you when you are not even saing hello when you come to my house, + WE DIDN'T EVEN INVITE YOU THERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry if you feel offended by what I wrote, now that I read it over, I admit I could have written it differently. However, I am absolutely positive that I said hello when I walked in and I never assumed that you were talking to me which would explain why I never contributed to the coversation. Once again, I am sorry for my choice of words and coming to your house uninvited.

    ReplyDelete